Several factors have a significant influence on the test result. The main ones are:
- the contractually agreed maximum bandwidth of your mobile Internet access (e.g. speed throttling (download/upload) depending on the chosen tariff and/or after exceeding a specific volume included in the monthly base fee);
- the bandwidth utilisation of your Internet provider;
- the device you are testing with;
- the operating system of the device and its configuration;
- simultaneous use of the same connection by other users or programs (e.g.filesharing, updates).
If LAN is used:
- the quality of your LAN router (e.g. NAT throughput).
If WLAN is used:
- the distance between the WLAN router and your device;
- the quality of your WLAN router (e.g. supporting 802.11n or 802.11ac).
If mobile services are used:
- the technology used (EDGE/GSM, UMTS, LTE);
- the quality of service at your location (signal strength, depending on the device);
- whether you are inside or outside a building;
- how fast you are moving (e.g. lower data transmission rates on the motorway or in the train);
- the number of users sharing the base station with you.