Begining with 2020 this frequency band will be availably for 5G mobile broadband (Decision of the Council of Ministries, July 7th, 2015 and frequency utilization ordinance). Further information on the planed award procedure can be found here.
On February 2nd, 2016 the European Commission published a proposal for a decision of the European Parliament and of the council on the use of the 470-790 MHz frequency band in the Union accompanied by an impact assessment (see downloads).
On April 28th, 2016 the European Commission took an implementing decision on the harmonisation of the 694-790 MHz frequency band for terrestrial systems capable of providing wireless broadband electronic communications services and for flexible national use in the Union. This legal act defines harmonised technical conditions for the broadband use of the 700 MHz band (EU/2016/687, see downloads).
Further documents relevant for the 700 MHz (see downloads):
- Report of Chair Pascal Lamy
- RSPG Opinion on a long-term strategy on the future use of the UHF band (Februar 2015
- TG6: Long term vision for the UHF broadcasting band, ECC report 224
- ECC Decision (15)01 on harmonised technical conditions for MFCN in the band 694-790 MHz
- Clearance scenario 700 MHz (expert opinion Reindl)